Sunday, March 28, 2010

i'm officially bad luck on sundays.

to begin with, i changed the looks and title of my blog. i liked this backround and setup better, but my old title looked odd because it was rather long. that's all with that.

Favorite Quote of the Day: "You know what? You’re an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it’s gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life."

Now, anyways. With the bad luck. So last week I told you all about my flood then fire escapades. This week, not nearly as bad, but pretty good evidence that if I'm scheduled for satellite (side) concessions on a sunday, it shall be an interesting day. Pretty much, I started at 1 o'clock and it was around 1:20 when Joe and I were almost ready to flip the lightswitch on and open up our concession stand. Our popcorn popper just wasn't working so he had to go to the main concession stand and tell a manager about that situation. After he was gone for about twenty seconds, the power decides to go out. Cool. So I run through the back door of the stand and out to see my manager telling me to get the people out of the two theatres closest to me and send them to the lobby. No big deal, not at all. Except when people are in a theatre and the power goes out they think it's only them. Then they flip out and get angry. I don't like to deal with those sorts of customers. Joe and I were then told to stay on our east side concession stand and watch the registers, because they're known to randomly pop open when the power goes out, or something, and we wouldn't want anybody to steal anything. So Joe and I go into party mode, and I literally pull out my phone and play one of the five songs that happen to be on my phone, 'Party in the USA,' perfect choice. Dancing on the concession stand is what we do best, literally on it, not behind it. That would be too... normal. After that, the fun was over when we were told to help clean every single theatre (I think there are 24?) with the ushers and EVERYONE. So I guess it wasn't all that bad because it took about five minutes with all the people we had. Then we were pretty much given busy work: Clean the windows, dust the movie posters, stainless steel EVERYTHING. The stainless steel was my job. Cool. "Anything that's silver," were Kera's exact words when I asked her what to clean. But it was fine because I had Antonio near me who was playing his rap loudly on his phone, then a manager comes over and turns on his walkie next to it. So this ghetto rap is playing throughout the whole place. That was silly. Then Joe and I were sent back to our stand to clean everything up that we had originally opened for nothing. We kinda cleaned it... somewhat. Then we got to leave. It was actually kind of fun, but on the downside Cinemark lost a lot of money today.

So, that story was one of those 'you had to be there' kind of things. Did I mention that MY register, of ALL the registers was one of the few things to keep power throughout the whole thing. So that was odd, and partially why I assume it was my fault.

Song of the Day (courtesy of iTunes shuffle):

No comments:

Post a Comment