Sunday, March 21, 2010

i was really counting on getting called off work today.

Song of the Day:

and that's pretty much all i have for you today. but it's a quite good song so i suggest that you actually listen to it rather than scrapping this post.

So I originally wasn't planning on posting a legit story today or anything, but then again when I go to work it's always going to be an interesting day. So anyways, I was on the side concession stand (the most boring place to be working ever) and I was all alone. I think in the five hours that I was at work I had a total of fifteen customers. Well, anyways. I was on maybe my second customer and she ordered a Rootbeer, so obviously I was filling her rootbeer at the poptower when the whole thing decided to blow up. At least that's pretty much what it did. Water was spraying everywhere; all over me, the customer, the floor, just.. EVERYWHERE. So after me being drenched for about five minutes an usher finally decides to walk by and they rush to call a manager and one comes to the rescue. Except for it wasn't a very quick rescue, because it took nearly twenty minutes to figure out how to stop the waterworks. So now we're both wet, the pop tower is torn into a million pieces, and we smell smoke. Awesome. Now that I've flooded the place it's going to be set on fire. What a great day, don't you think? The water from the poptower got over these really really hot lightbulbs that are in a sign that we have. Mind you, these lightbulbs are never really ever turned off so they're extremely hot. So we open up the top of the advertisement and smoke starts flooding the entire area. It smelled awful. So my manager like starts walking towards the main concession stand and I don't even know what to do because it smells and looks like fire. So obviously fire extinguisher right, maybe I should have paid attention to those safety videos. Luckily, it was right behind me within arms reach so I grabbed it and started extinguishing the possibility of a huge fire burning down the entire building. In the end, I had to use the other poptower and clean up the entire wet concession stand by myself and work for three more hours while still slightly damp. Thank you Cinemark.

No comments:

Post a Comment