Sunday, March 7, 2010

if you're not my manager, please don't yell at me for doing nothing wrong.

so today was a relatively good day at work. nothing too good, nothing too bad. so finally when i was just finishing up closing my side concession stand with hayley, we were pushing a cart of garbage to the other side of the theatre to dispose of it. so it just so happened that at the worst time, in the worst possible place one big bag full of popcorn (tied closed so nothing fell out) rolled off of the cart right in front of a customer. nobody was hit, nobody was hurt. no harm, no foul? right? apparently i was wrong, especially when i laughed.. that was very wrong. it was quite silly, to just see a clear bag of popcorn tumbling across the hallway. somewhat like a tumbleweed. i thought it was funny. mr. blue shirt black hair glasses manager who doesn't even know my name didn't think it was funny. here is what he said, or at least what i remember he said: 'that bag that fell could have hit a customer and could have made a customer very pissed. laughing about it was the last thing that you two should have done.' and then we made our apologies and he walked away. i got a little red in the face, but then remembered that he in fact, doesn't know my name so it would be impossible for me to be written up or suspended or terminated.. or something. so the point is, don't yell at me if you don't know me and if i didn't do anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment